Thursday, September 25, 2014

Reviewed: Postmates, a food/shopping delivery service (plus a special reader bonus!)

**Because Postmates, the newest food/shopping delivery service, is still new and trying to get the word out, they graciously extended a discount to my first twenty readers who use this code, good for a $20 delivery fee credit: BHBITES20.  Now hurry up and go get your discounted grub on, y'all!  You're welcome, in advance!**

.

As if the ‘Sunday blues’ weren’t bad enough, the thought of cooking dinner made me cringe.  Plus, my fridge resembled that of a male college student’s – 3 beers, a stick of butter, ½ of an onion, and jam - so, clearly, there wasn't much I could do.  After having perused the offerings on Seamless Web, I wasn’t that intrigued.  Before getting in to an “I miss the abundance of restaurants and conveniences in NYC” tizzy, I remembered my colleague mentioning another delivery service called “Postmates."  After doing a search online, I was informed that in order to proceed, I would have to download the Postmates app.  Sigh.  As if my iPhone didn't already have enough crap on it.  The gist of Postmates is this: Pick any store or restaurant (regardless of whether they personally deliver or not), and then have your item(s) delivered to you by a “Post Mate” for a fee starting at $5.  Best of all, there’s real-time tracking and ETAs, so you know exactly when you’ll receive your goods!

In true fashion, it was Mexican food that I was craving.  I was impressed by all of the mouth-watering options on Postmates that went lightyears above and beyond those on Seamless.  Basically, you’re not restricted to just your neighborhood or one “class” of restaurant.  I ultimately chose to order dinner from Don Antonio's, a spot that I recall having salivated over while watching Speidi's first anniversary dinner on The Hills.

After seamlessly placing my order through the Postmates app, I was able to track the status of my delivery through a live map!  And, in under an hour, my meal was hand-delivered by a friendly Post Mate.  Warm and intact.




Mmmmm, look at all of the residual cheese grease on the box (pictured above)!  Delicious handmade tortilla chips and a cup of robust salsa complimented my meal.  To wash it all down, I ordered and iced horchata, which wasn't as sweet and satisfying as I had hoped.  However, my entree made up for it: A trio of cheese enchiladas came enveloped in a bland, red ranchero sauce and was accompanied by perfectly cooked and seasoned rice and refried beans.



My first experience with Postmates was an extremely pleasant and successful one.  I cannot wait to use this service again, especially after having seen that Sugarfish, my favorite sushi joint, is listed as one of their "featured stores!!"

...

Lindsay, Beverly Hills Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment