Friday, October 31, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things...

Like that famous song's refrain from The Sound of Music, "These are a few of my favorite things," please enjoy my most coveted products and places of late:


PACt Cranberry Extract Water
For a cranberry juice whore who's trying to watch her sugar - and calorie - intake, I've found the next-best-thing to good ol' fashioned Cranberry Juice Cocktail: Ocean Spray's PACt Cranberry Extract Water.  Besides the fact that there are only 10 calories in a 16-ounce bottle, it's naturally sweetened, comes in four flavors (I liked all but the Blood Orange variety), and is packed with PACs (proanthocyanidins), which are powerful elements found within cranberries that aid in cleansing and purifying the body.  


The Menhattan Project
Lately, I've been under way too much stress and pressure to read anything that's not uplifting, humorous, and lighthearted.  While I typically reach for non-fiction, I just couldn't help myself: The Menhattan Project is a sexy, furiously-fast page turner whose characters I enviously live through vicariously as they date their way through Manhattan.  Or shall I say "Menhattan."
Stay tuned for a Menhattan Project giveaway!



Le Labo's Rose 31 Signature Detergent
If "fabulous" could be bottled, it would smell like Rose 31.
Having first discovered this intoxicatingly delicious scent at the Fairmont Singapore, I quickly found myself being "that hotel guest."  You know, the creeper who stalks the housekeeping cart and ganks as many shampoo/conditioner/shower gel bottles as their jeans pockets will fit.  OMG, did I just admit that out loud?
Recently, I learned that Le Labo offers their Rose 31 product line...as does Fairmont Hotels.  So, between the two, I can purchase the line's shampoo/conditioner, bar soap and, my latest discovery, the Signature Detergent.



Three Saints pinot noir
Smooth yet tangy - thin, yet rich enough to carry its weight - this is a pinot noir that I was so impressed by during my recent lunch at Wolfgang Puck at the Hotel Bel Air, that I called the restaurant to inquire about "this amazing red that I had by the glass."
I have since been in touch with the Santa Barbara winery, and have purchased 8 bottles of my favorite pinot at, get this, $24/bottle.  What's better than a delicious and affordable wine?

 

Tres Pupusas
It was by divine intervention - not sheer accident - that I was introduced to these amazing, heaven-sent, savory masa dough-pockets of drool-worthy magicI was grocery shopping at Whole Foods when I stumbled upon a woman handing out samples of these handmade El Salvadorian delights.  Of those that I tasted, my favorite varieties were the Pinto Bean & Cheese and the Green Chile & Cheese. 
Sold frozen, Tres Pupusas recommends that their products be reheated on the stove.  While I have yet to utilize that method, I microwave my pupusas and smother them with salsa for a quick and filling breakfast.  Que rico!

This gorgeous photo was found here

The cheeseburger at 4505 Burgers & BBQ
A few weeks ago when I went to visit my girl, The JetSetting Fashionista, in San Francisco, she took me to an amazing joint for BBQ.  And the most ridiculously sexy, greasy (I say that in the most positive way possible), perfect cheeseburger that I've had in recent memory...

Hello, lovah...

Kouign Amanns
Kouign Amanns (Try saying that 5x in a row!  Hell, or even just once!) are the new cupcake, y'all.  Flaky, light, and delicate like a croissant, but sweet and crunchy on the outside like a Palmier, there's really nothing quite like them.
Be on the lookout for this pastry at your favorite local bakery and try one!  Trust me, you'll thank me after your first bite.  

This gorgeous photo was found here

Strong cocktails - and the unique, swanky atmosphere - at The Nice Guy
Although we only came for a few rounds of drinks, I was immediately taken by the atmosphere at The Nice Guy.  Think: One large-ish open space reminiscent of a swanky den within a fabulous mid-century modern.  Pair this sexy space with impressively solid cocktails, a feeling of exclusivity, and some of the most gorgeous customers in LA...and you have yourself one hell of a combo.
Bottoms up, bitches!

This gorgeous photo was found here

The food (yes, I really did say "the food") at Hyde Sunset Kitchen + Cocktails
Coming from NYC - the land of "restaurant amusement parks" - I was really weary of having dinner at a place that, come 11PM, turns in to a nightclub.  However, I could not have been more wrong: From the Herb Buttermilk Biscuit, Smokey Charred Broccolini, and Brussels Sprouts - to the Seared Scallops - my fellow diners and I were more than pleasantly surprised.  To be honest, we were kind of blown away!


...

Lindsay, Beverly Hills Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment